Friday, August 16, 2013

Bike fitness is coming

I wanted to ride LONG last weekend, but once again I wasn't able to due to scheduling with our caretaker.  So, I had just under 4 hours to ride.   I made the most of it and happened to be on a good day and was able to get in 75 miles with an average speed of 21.0 mph.    Really happy with that.  I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've been able to average 21mph on a training ride by myself.   I just wish I could have gotten in about 20 more miles.  I'm a little nervous about the 112 miles  and 6000ft of elevation in Challenge Penticton next weekend.  But, the last 15 miles are downhill, right?  

Ride stats:

Summary
Distance:75.25 mi
Time:3:34:58
Avg Speed:21.0 mph
Elevation Gain:2,976 ft
Calories:5,247 C
Avg Temperature:72.0 °F


No comments:

Post a Comment