Monday, October 7, 2013

Good weekend

I FINALLY had a descent Ironman worthy weekend of training.  It's still light compared to where I'd like to be at this point, but it at least feels good to get is some decent miles.   Hopefully I can improve on this over the next 4 weeks.
Saturday was a 14 mile run pushing John in the giant stroller.  I just ran an easy 8 min/mile pace but it was still pretty hard for me.  I just don't have great running endurance right now.
Sunday was a long solo 85 miles on the TT bike.  The weather was beautiful but I just wasn't motivated for this ride.  I averaged 19.0mph which is pretty slow for a flattish ride like this, but it still really wore me out.   I think Saturday's run contributed to the fatigue, but the truth is that I've lost a lot of fitness since Challenge Penticton.  The good news is that I can get fit on a bike very quickly.  As long as my health and the weather hold out, I will be ready for the bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment